Turn your used computing equipment into effective corporate "green philanthropy." TechSoup makes it easy and cost-effective for your company to donate used IT equipment. Becoming an RCI donor makes business sense while delivering environmental and social benefits.
Benefits to Donor Corporations
- Reusing equipment provides the highest environmental benefit of all IT disposal alternatives.
- TechSoup's refurbisher partner Redemtech:
- Provides comprehensive IT asset management services
- Accepts all unwanted IT equipment (working or not)
- Transfers responsibility and liability
- Meets all regulatory requirements
- Picks up equipment anywhere in North America as well as other locations internationally
- Redemtech ensures and guarantees data sanitation to the U.S. Defense Department 5220.22-M standard or higher.
- Redemtech provides managed logistics, chain-of-custody tracking, and in-transit security.
- Redemtech is an approved signatory of the Electronics Recycler's Pledge of True Stewardship and its environmental management system is certified ISO 14001-compliant.
- End-of-life material is recycled in compliance with Redemtech's zero-landfill, zero-export, and zero-incineration policy.
- TechSoup and Redemtech both supply comprehensive reporting for company records and corporate social responsibility (CSR) reports.
- RCI delivers significant CSR and triple bottom-line benefits.
Benefits to Nonprofit Organizations
- RCI is a nonprofit project. Donations to this project provide a reliable source of computers to charitable organizations and low-income families at the lowest possible cost.
- Equipment from the RCI program is guaranteed to be in excellent working condition by RCI's refurbisher partners and has undergone thorough testing, repair, restoration, and cleaning.
- All equipment is fully warranted and upgraded with licensed versions of Microsoft Windows and Office. Some equipment also includes Norton AntiVirus.
- Nonprofits get full customer service support from TechSoup.
How to Become a Donor
For information on becoming an RCI Donor, please contact Gayle Carpentier, Director of Business Development, at email@example.com.