Visio 2013 is software for creating diagrams. Users choose a template, drag shapes to the drawing, connect the shapes, and add text where needed.
This donation provides one license. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
This version of Visio should meet the needs of most organizations. Visio Professional 2013 adds the ability to create specialized IT and engineering diagrams. It also allows linking diagrams to data sources and having more than one person work on a diagram at the same time.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Visio to create flowcharts, organization charts, office layouts, and more.
- Templates: Templates include shapes used for creating a particular type of diagram collected in groups called stencils. They can also include special tabs on the Ribbon and wizards to help get the diagram started. Visio includes templates for creating such things as:
- Charts (organization charts, flowcharts, and marketing charts)
- Project schedules (calendars, timelines, and Gantt charts)
- Maps (directional and geographic)
- Cause-and-effect diagrams
- Block diagrams
- Basic network diagrams
- Basic office layouts
- Themes and styles: You can add sets of colors, fonts, and effects to an entire diagram with a single mouse click. Each theme has several variants. In addition, you can also apply styles to individual shapes to make them stand out. Effects include such things as shadows and glows.
- Threaded conversations: A commenting pane allows reviewers' comments to appear in threads.
- Cloud storage: The default location to save diagrams is the user's SkyDrive.
This product includes Service Pack 1.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Visio 2013, organizations can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
Microsoft recommends KMS activation only for organizations with at least 50 networked computers requiring activation for Visio 2013 or requiring activation for a combination of Visio 2013, Office 2013, and Project 2013 software. Organizations with fewer than 50 computers requiring activation or organizations with non-networked computers should activate their products using a MAK. For help deciding which type of key to use, see TechSoup's Volume Licensing Service Center – Product Keys. Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2013 software, which also applies to Visio 2013.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.