Important: If your organization is not in Colorado, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, or Texas (states affected by certain recent disasters), you must request one of the standard products.
A 4G device from Mobile Beacon can be used to connect computers or WiFi-enabled consumer electronics like smartphones and tablets to Mobile Beacon's 4G mobile broadband Internet service. The 4G device can be used at any location within the Mobile Beacon coverage area.
This donation provides up to 10 4G devices for connecting to Mobile Beacon's 4G mobile broadband Internet service. Mobile Beacon Internet service is not included with this donation, but it is available for purchase at the current nonprofit pricing of $120 for 12 months ($10 per month, paid annually in advance). Each device you obtain requires a service agreement.
To receive up to 25 devices, request this related product. To receive a single device, request this related product.
Benefits for Organizations
Mobile Beacon's Internet service could be helpful if your organization:
- Lacks traditional Internet access or has slow access or bandwidth constraints
- Needs a backup Internet source
- Has Internet service but needs to provide users with Internet access remotely or while traveling
Choice of 4G Device
You can choose from three types of donated Mobile Beacon 4G devices, depending on your needs.
- CLEAR Stick Atlas: A portable USB modem for connecting one computer to Mobile Beacon's 4G mobile broadband Internet service.
- CLEAR Spot 4G (Voyager): A portable, wireless hotspot for connecting up to eight WiFi-enabled computers or consumer electronics to Mobile Beacon's 4G mobile broadband Internet service. The hotspot supports WiFi-enabled consumer electronics like laptops, digital cameras, smartphones, tablets, printers, and Apple iOS devices.
- CLEAR Hub Express: A stationary modem with an integrated WiFi router for providing local networking and access to Mobile Beacon's 4G mobile broadband Internet service. It can wirelessly connect up to 10 computers or WiFi-enabled consumer electronics such as laptops, digital cameras, smartphones, tablets, printers, or Apple iOS devices. It can also be connected to another wired or wireless router with the included Ethernet cable. Such a setup provides additional computers or consumer electronics with Internet access.
You choose 1 to 10 devices when you sign up on the Mobile Beacon website after your donation request has been approved.
Note: WiMAX-enabled devices can connect to Mobile Beacon's 4G service without a 4G device, but a service agreement is still required.
One-Year Prepaid Service Agreement Required
Organizations that participate in this offer must agree to pay Mobile Beacon in advance for one year of 4G mobile broadband Internet service for each device received. The current nonprofit pricing for this service is $120 for 12 months ($10 per month, paid annually in advance). TechSoup is not a party to this agreement. Refunds for the service must be requested directly from Mobile Beacon within 30 days of receiving it. See Mobile Beacon's terms of service.
Mobile Beacon Internet Service
The 4G wireless broadband service offered by Mobile Beacon uses the same network as the 4G services offered by many telecommunications companies. Its download speeds average 3 to 6 megabits per second.
Organizations must confirm that the location where they will use the Mobile Beacon service falls within the Mobile Beacon 4G coverage area before requesting this offer.
Additional Devices Available at Standard Rates
If organizations require more than 26 4G devices, they can purchase additional 4G devices directly from Mobile Beacon when applying for Mobile Beacon's services. Mobile Beacon will provide free consultation to help organizations determine the best devices for their needs.
Requesting Additional Information
To get a recommendation on the best devices based on your needs or for more information on Mobile Beacon device specifications, requirements, and compatibility, send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "TechSoup Partner Program Questions."
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
You will need to take further action to obtain this product after your donation request has been approved. TechSoup will send instructions to your organization email address.