Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange combines antivirus and anti-spam technologies with flexible content filtering. It can be used with Exchange Server 2007, 2010, or 2013.
This donation includes a one-year subscription for use of the product, protection updates, and new product features. This product does NOT contain Microsoft Exchange software.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Symantec Mail Security to:
- Protect your organization against security threats and malware transmitted through email
- Better guard against annoying and harmful junk mail and spam
- Antivirus technologies:
- Scans both inbound and outbound email, including attachments, before any other process or client application takes effect.
- Detects viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, phishing, and denial of service attacks and acts on them according to policies specified by administrators.
- Allows administrators to develop a whitelist of trusted senders and recipients.
- Automatically updates virus definitions.
- Spam protection: Stops 99 percent of spam (unwanted bulk email).
- Content filtering: Filters and block inappropriate content as well as confidential information in both inbound and outbound messages. The customizable filter can examine attachment names, attachment content, specific words, phrases, subject lines, and senders.
- Management console: Allows centralized management of multiple Exchange servers or just one. Administrators can manage server group policy configuration, notifications, alerts, and reporting. The console does not have to be installed on a computer that is running Mail Security.
- Reports: Allows creation of reports for individual servers or summary reports that consolidate data from all servers within a group.
The version of this product available through TechSoup is the Not for Resale (NFR) version. You cannot upgrade NFR products to new releases. If you are seeking a new release, you will need to request a new donation through TechSoup. In addition, NFR products do not include telephone assistance with product issues or add-ons; however, free online technical support is available at Symantec's website through its knowledge bases and discussion forums.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Expect two emails. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, the donor partner will send an email with information needed to complete the installation or activation.