Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 is security software that protects networked laptops, desktops, and servers ("endpoints"). It defends against viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, adware, rootkits, and threats not seen before ("zero-day attacks"). This product is most suitable for organizations with between 5 and 100 endpoints.
This donation provides a one-year subscription for use of the product on a single endpoint. The subscription includes protection updates and new product features.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Symantec Endpoint Protection to:
- Centrally manage protection for all the endpoints in your organization's network
- Manage endpoints from anywhere and minimize maintenance costs through cloud-based management rather than installing software locally on a management server
Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition incorporates many of the technologies of the standard Endpoint Protection application, all manageable through a single console:
- Cloud-based or on-premises management: Network administrators have the option to manage endpoint protection through a web browser using a cloud management service or through a locally managed deployment on a server. Note that if you have any endpoints running Mac OS X, you cannot use cloud-based management.
- Antivirus and antispyware: Endpoint Protection scans for both viruses and security risks.
- Desktop firewall: The firewall prevents unauthorized users from accessing the computers and the networks that connect to the Internet.
- Intrusion prevention: The intrusion prevention system (IPS) acts as a second layer of network defense after the firewall.
- Proactive threat scanning: This scan analyzes the behavior of an application or process to determine if it exhibits characteristics of threats.
The Small Business Edition does not include device control or application control technologies, which are more suited to larger organizations.
Support, Renewals, and Upgrades
This product is identical to the version sold through the Symantec website and includes the standard support, renewal, and upgrade options available with retail products.
TechSoup cannot refund the administrative fee for this product, and you cannot exchange it.
Obtaining This Product
Expect two emails. When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, the donor partner will send an email with information needed to complete the installation or activation.