Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 protects networked laptops, desktops, and servers ("endpoints") against viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, adware, rootkits, and threats not seen before ("zero-day attacks"). It consists of client software that runs on the endpoints and management software that runs on a server. This product is most suitable for organizations with 100 or more endpoints.
This donation includes a one-year subscription for use of the product, protection updates, and new product features.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Symantec Endpoint Protection to centrally manage protection for all the endpoints in your organization's network.
Symantec Endpoint Protection combines several Symantec technologies, all manageable through a single console:
- Antivirus and antispyware: scans for both viruses and security risks
- Desktop firewall: prevents unauthorized users from accessing the computers and the networks that connect to the Internet
- Intrusion prevention: acts as the endpoint's second layer of defense after the firewall
- Proactive threat scanning: analyzes the behavior of an application or process to determine if it exhibits characteristics of threats
- Device control: blocks or allows access from devices, such as connections through USB, infrared, FireWire, SCSI, serial ports, and parallel ports
- Application control: blocks or allows applications that try to access system resources
Support, Renewals, and Upgrades
This product is identical to the version sold through the Symantec website and includes the standard support, renewal, and upgrade options available with retail products.
New in Version 12.1
Version 12.1 adds:
- Support for Mac OS X, Linux, and virtual-environment endpoints
- Insight technology, which identifies rapidly mutating threats and also speeds up scans by examining only files at risk
- SONAR 3 technology, for proactive threat scanning
TechSoup cannot refund the administrative fee for this product, and you cannot exchange it.
Obtaining This Product
Expect two emails. When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, the donor partner will send an email with information needed to complete the installation or activation.