SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Edition is relational database server software offering tools for data storage, management, analysis, and reporting. Enterprise Edition contains all of the features of the Standard and Business Intelligence editions, plus mission-critical applications and data warehousing features. For additional information about the available editions of SQL Server and its licensing requirements, see the Guide to SQL Server Editions and Licensing.
This donation provides two core licenses. SQL Server with core-based licensing requires a minimum of four core licenses to function. In order to use this product, you will need to obtain enough copies to cover the cores in the processors you plan to use with SQL Server.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have experience deploying relational databases, you can use this edition of SQL Server to:
- Serve data to a customer relationship management (CRM) platform
- Analyze data collected by your organization
- Support a dynamic website or intranet site
- SQL Server Management Studio: This graphical interface manages all SQL Server components with rich scripting capabilities. The Policy-Based Management component can create policies that manage entities on the server, such as the instance of SQL Server, databases, and other SQL Server objects.
- Online Transaction Processing: The OLTP engine allows quick access to large amounts of data.
- Failover Clustering Support: This feature minimizes disruption of service by connecting to other servers to provide service in case one fails.
- Multidimensional Data Analysis: The online analytical processing (OLAP) and BI Semantic Model (BISM) models allow you to analyze multidimensional data from multiple perspectives and in a tabular model.
- SQL Data Tools: The tools included provide a development environment integrated with the .NET framework and Visual Studio. Developers can build web, enterprise, and data-aware mobile applications on premises and in the cloud.
For more information, see Microsoft's Features Supported by the Editions of SQL Server 2014.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.