SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence Edition is relational database server software. It includes all of the features in the Standard Edition and adds premium tools for corporate and self-service business intelligence. For additional information about the available editions of SQL Server and its licensing requirements, see the Guide to SQL Server Editions and Licensing.
This donation provides one server license. SQL Server with server/CAL licensing requires each user or device that accesses the licensed server to have a client access license (CAL).
Benefits for Organizations
If you have experience deploying relational databases and using business intelligence tools, you can use this edition of SQL Server to:
- Identify factors that result in contributions
- Explore donor relationships
- Measure the effectiveness of services and the benefits and costs associated with them
- Basic Functionality: SQL Server includes basic database, reporting, and business intelligence (BI) analytics functionality.
- Online Transaction Processing: The OLTP engine allows quick access to large amounts of data.
- Online Analytical Processing: The OLAP multidimensional model allows you to analyze multidimensional data from multiple perspectives and in a tabular model.
- PowerPivot and Power View: PowerPivot integrates with Excel and SharePoint to share data, and Power View provides a graphical analysis of it.
- Business Intelligence Semantic Model: The BISM tabular model provides a simple method for analyzing business data.
For more information, see Microsoft's Features Supported by the Editions of SQL Server 2014.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.