SQL Server Enterprise Edition is relational database server software offering tools for data storage, management, analysis, and reporting. Enterprise Edition contains all of the features of the Standard and Business Intelligence editions, plus mission-critical applications and data warehousing features.
This donation provides two core licenses for SQL Server Enterprise Edition. SQL Server with core-based licensing requires a minimum of four core licenses to function. In order to use this product, you will need to obtain enough copies to cover the cores in the processors that you plan to use with SQL Server. For additional information about the available editions of SQL Server and its licensing requirements, see the Guide to SQL Server Editions and Licensing.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have experience deploying relational databases, you can use this edition of SQL Server to
- Serve data to a customer relationship management (CRM) platform
- Analyze data collected by your organization
- Support a dynamic website or intranet site
- SQL Server Management Studio: This graphical interface manages all SQL Server components with rich scripting capabilities. The Policy-Based Management component can create policies that manage entities on the server, such as the instance of SQL Server, databases, and other SQL Server objects.
- Online Transaction Processing: The OLTP engine allows quick access to large amounts of data.
- Failover Clustering Support: This feature minimizes disruption of service by connecting to other servers to provide service in case one fails.
- Multidimensional Data Analysis: The online analytical processing (OLAP) and BI Semantic Model (BISM) models allow you to analyze multidimensional data from multiple perspectives and in a tabular model.
- SQL Data Tools: The tools included provide a development environment integrated with the .NET framework and Visual Studio. Developers can build web, enterprise, and data-aware mobile applications on premises and in the cloud.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup after you request this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.