Shopify is a hosted e-commerce service that allows an organization to set up and run an online store on a new or existing website. The service provides tools for designing a storefront, managing inventory, and accepting online payments.
This donation provides access to the Shopify Unlimited plan for one year for organizations with budgets of $500,000 or more. The Unlimited plan allows an organization to manage an unlimited number of products and offers unlimited storage space. This Shopify subscription may only be used to create stores that support the requesting organization.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Shopify to
- Raise funds by selling your organization's merchandise
- Target donors based on purchase data, including donor location and money spent
- Host a blog to advertise the latest products for donors to purchase
- Accept payments at offsite events and physical stores by running the Shopify point-of-sale (POS) system on an iPad (Shopify POS service requires additional hardware.)
- Design your store: The Shopify Theme Store offers more than 100 premium and free templates to choose from for designing your store. No web design experience is necessary. Advanced users have full control over the site's code.
- Manage inventory and content: You can use Shopify's content management system to manage products in your inventory and create pages and blog posts on your Shopify site.
- Integrate with a payment gateway: You can accept credit card payments by integrating with one of more than 50 payment gateways, including Shopify Payments (payment gateways charge credit card processing fees for these transactions).
- Accept payments securely: Shopify is Level 1 compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and uses 128-bit SSL certificates to keep order details secure.
- Analyze your progress: Shopify's analytics keep track of your website's progress over time. You can see how donors found your store, which search terms they used, and how many times your store has been visited.
- Enable mobile access: Donors can browse and buy from your store using iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and other mobile device platforms. You can use the free Shopify Mobile app to manage your shop from an iOS device.
A full list of features is available on the Shopify website. Some features such as premium themes and apps are available for an additional charge. See Shopify apps designed specifically for nonprofits.
You can get technical support via phone, chat, and email 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also find answers in the online support center.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
You will need to take further action to obtain this product after TechSoup approves your donation request. TechSoup will send instructions to your organization email address.