The SharePoint Server device CAL suite is a set of device client access licenses (CALs) for SharePoint Server.
This donation provides one of each of the following:
- SharePoint Server Standard device CAL: authorizes one computer or other device to access the services of SharePoint Server, regardless of the number of users (for example, on a shared workstation).
- SharePoint Server Enterprise device CAL: authorizes one computer or other device to access additional features in SharePoint Server. The Enterprise device CAL can be used only in conjunction with a Standard device CAL.
A user CAL suite is also available.
The Enterprise device CAL provides access to additional features in SharePoint Server, including:
- Business Connectivity Services: SharePoint can manipulate external data, both online and offline, from other instances of SharePoint and from Office applications.
- Access Services: You can make changes to and publish Access databases directly from SharePoint.
- Enterprise Search: The enhanced version of SharePoint's search feature allows you to search, filter, and sort up to 100 million documents.
- InfoPath Forms Services: You can create form-based applications in InfoPath and deploy them to SharePoint.
- Excel Services: Excel workbooks with PowerPivot can be published as interactive reports and dashboards within SharePoint.
A full list of additional features is available on Microsoft's Volume Licensing website, via the Exceptions and Additional Terms Specific to SharePoint Server 2013 link.
This license does not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
CALs, ECLs, and management licenses (MLs) offered through TechSoup are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licenses can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.