QuickBooks Premier 2016 is accounting software that helps organizations manage essential financial tasks like paying bills, creating invoices, producing reports, and tracking expenses, contributions, and payments. It can be installed as a general business edition or as one of five industry-specific editions, including a nonprofit edition.
This donation provides one user license for QuickBooks Premier 2016. Over a network, up to five users can work with the organization's data at the same time. Each user must have both a user license and a separate installation of the same edition and version of QuickBooks. Organizations that require more than one license can request the three-user version through TechSoup or purchase licenses directly from Intuit.
Benefits for Organizations
If you install QuickBooks Premier as the Nonprofit Edition, you can access custom features to
- Create a chart of accounts that categorizes and views expenses the way IRS Form 990 requires
- Draft reports that show how much money has been contributed and spent to date by donor or by grant
- Plan budgets based on fundraising and expense data and comparing actual income and expenses to budgeted amounts
- Use business planning and analysis tools, such as the Statement of Financial Income & Expense
- Organize tax, donor, vendor, employee, and general company information in separate centers while allowing an accountant to simultaneously work on the system
- Choice of editions at installation:
- Nonprofit Edition
- Contractor Edition
- General Business Edition
- Manufacturing & Wholesale Edition
- Professional Services Edition
- Retail Edition
- Email integration: You can send invoices and estimates from Outlook or Outlook Express or from a Yahoo, Gmail, or Outlook.com account.
- Data import: QuickBooks can import data from Excel, Quicken, Office Accounting, and other installations of QuickBooks 2015.
- File attachments: The Document Center lets you attach and store receipts, estimates, and other documents to invoices and customer files.
- Calendar View: Your invoices, billing, past transactions, and important tasks are available in daily, weekly, and monthly views.
Features such as payroll management are available directly from Intuit for additional fees.
Compatibility of QuickBooks Data with QuickBooks Versions
After you update your data to a new version of QuickBooks, you can't open it in a previous version. If you want an outside accountant to work with your data, the accountant must have an edition of QuickBooks released in the same year as yours.
QuickBooks includes 12 months of free telephone support from Intuit for issues related to downloading or installing the software. Other issues might require a one-time fee or purchase of a support plan.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.