QuickBooks Point of Sale Pro is software that lets a PC in a retail store perform the functions of a cash register while keeping track of inventory, customer information, and purchasing history. Linking Point of Sale with QuickBooks financial software allows inventory and sales data to be transferred between the two.
This donation provides one user license. Over a network, up to 20 users can work with the organization's data at the same time. Each user must have both a user license and a separate installation of the same edition and version of Point of Sale.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Point of Sale to:
- Use a PC as a cash register at your organization's gift shop or front desk.
- Accept payments at offsite events by running Point of Sale on a laptop computer.
- Inventory management: Inventory is updated as you ring up sales, returns, and exchanges and receive items.
- Customer or donor tracking: You can save customer information like email addresses and shipping addresses for outreach at a later time.
- Data integration: Data can be integrated or imported from QuickBooks financial software or Microsoft Excel.
- Reports: You can create reports from more than 50 templates to gain insight into your customers, sales, items, purchasing, payments, and employees.
- Credit card transactions: Point of Sale can handle credit and debit card transactions if your organization has a merchant account and the appropriate hardware. Merchant accounts that integrate fully with Point of Sale are available from the Intuit website.
- Add hardware: Cash drawers, card readers, PIN pads, bar code scanners, and receipt printers are available from the Intuit website and are guaranteed to work with Point of Sale.
Point of Sale includes free telephone support for certain types of issues. Other issues require a one-time fee or purchase of a support plan. See Intuit's Point of Sale support policies. All support, including online access, will be discontinued approximately three years from September 2010, the product's original release date.
This is not the newest version of Point of Sale. QuickBooks Point of Sale Pro 10.0 was followed by QuickBooks Point of Sale Pro 2013, which is available directly from Intuit or through authorized Intuit resellers.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.