QuickBooks Made Easy for Nonprofits: The Essentials is DVD-ROM-based training that demonstrates how to set up books correctly, enter transactions common to nonprofits, and create nonprofit-specific reports. These tasks can be done with all 2015 and earlier versions of QuickBooks for Windows and Mac and also with the online versions.
This product includes a DVD-ROM with about five hours of video lessons. It also includes a printed follow-along handbook that can be used with the video lessons or separately. It does not include a copy of QuickBooks.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use QuickBooks Made Easy to learn how to:
- Set up your Chart of Accounts and programs
- Enter transactions that are common to nonprofits
- Create reports that:
- Show how the organization's programs are performing
- Compare performance to the annual budget
- Track restricted grants and pledges, membership dues, and student tuitions
- Record donor contact and history information
- Retrieve your data as donor analysis reports and reminders to call
- Export reports to Microsoft Word for generating year-end donor acknowledgements
Ideally, if you don't yet use QuickBooks, your setup will match the IRS 990 reporting requirements and be correctly prepared for financial statement audits.
The DVD-ROM can be used by anyone in the organization. However, it must be installed on the trainee's computer and can only be used by one person at a time.
QuickBooks Made Easy includes a 30-day option to obtain a phone support plan for $100. Support plans last for a period of one year and include an unlimited number of phone calls. You will be assigned a U.S.-based QuickBooks expert. These experts are trained on transactions specific to nonprofits and understand their unique tracking and reporting needs.
Obtaining This Product
When your request has been approved, your product will be shipped from the TechSoup warehouse. This product can only be shipped to physical addresses, not PO Boxes.