Project Server 2013 is project management software that runs on Windows Server. It enables medium-sized and large organizations to better manage projects and project portfolios. Project Server 2013 is accessed through its clients: Project Professional and Project Web App.
This product includes a server license. In addition, each user or device that accesses Project Server must have a client access license (CAL). See the Guide to Microsoft Server Licensing for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Project Server to:
- Effectively analyze and report on both projects and programs
- Collaborate on project management across the entire enterprise
- Enterprise project management: You can integrate this product with Project Professional 2013 and Project Web App to give users control across all types of work and allow them to visualize performance through dashboards.
- Portfolio management: You can identify, select, manage, and deliver portfolios of projects, programs, and software applications that align with your strategy.
- Demand management: The demand management module collects project ideas and proposals. You can manage the proposals with triage and selection workflow and then execute and track the selected projects.
- Mobile access: A web-based mobile site enables team members and project managers to view project status at a glance on a mobile device. Supported phones are Windows Phone 7.5, iPhone, and Android.
This product includes Service Pack 1.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.