Project 2013 is project management software. It enables managers to stay informed and control project work, schedules, and finances. This version of Project cannot be connected to Project Server 2013 and integrated into the Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM) solution. Organizations that need these capabilities must use Project Professional 2013.
This donation provides one license. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organizations
If you understand project management concepts, you can use Project to schedule tasks, allocate resources, track progress, and share project information. Project can be used for both large and small projects.
- Automatic or manual scheduling: Project's scheduling engine can forecast the date of a task based on various factors, like dependencies, duration, and constraints. If automatic calculations aren't required, the user-controlled scheduling option allows for complete scheduling control in a given project, overriding the scheduling engine as well as allowing fields to be empty for uncertainties in planning.
- SharePoint synchronization: Project schedules can be published to SharePoint Foundation 2013 task lists, allowing team members to independently update task statuses. Updates from team members automatically synchronize with Project schedules.
- Team Planner: The Team Planner allows users to visually drag and drop resources in an interactive resource view to simplify complex resource scenarios. Users can quickly spot unassigned or unscheduled work as well as overload conditions.
- Timeline View: An easy-to-read graphical project timeline can be shared with others through email or in presentations while retaining its formatting.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Project 2013, you can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
For help deciding which type of key to use, see TechSoup's Volume Licensing Service Center – Product Keys. Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2013 software, which also applies to Project 2013.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.