PowerPoint is a slideshow presentation program with capabilities for images, text effects, audio, animations, and video. Presentations can be given in person, distributed on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, placed on a network, or published to the web.
This donation provides one license for installing the software on a single device. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Terms for specific licensing details.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use PowerPoint to
- Create standardized presentations with your organization's logo, colors, and brand identity
- Tell stories about how your organization is helping its constituents
- Broadcast your presentation to remote viewers
- Multimedia presentations: PowerPoint allows you to incorporate text, images, audio, and video, including embedded video from sites like YouTube.
- Media editing tools: PowerPoint's editing features allow you to trim audio and video, change colors, and resize and crop images, all within PowerPoint.
- Presentation broadcasting: Viewers in other locations can view your presentation on the web, whether or not they have PowerPoint installed. Audio is not included as part of these presentations.
- Collaboration: Multiple users at different locations can co-author or edit the same file at the same time via Office Online, SharePoint, or OneDrive.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Office suites and applications, you can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). You will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office software.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup after you request this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.