PowerPoint 2008 for Mac is a tool for designing, preparing, presenting, and publishing slide shows and presentations. PowerPoint 2008 can be used as a standalone product or in conjunction with other Office 2008 for Mac products.
PowerPoint 2008 for Mac was designed for the Mac environment, with many features and interface elements intended specifically for Mac users. The help files, menus, and preferences are formatted and organized according to the most recent Apple design standards. iPhoto images are automatically available as clip art, sorted by album. Office's font menus use Font Book groupings, allowing Mac users to locate and use their preferred fonts more quickly. Office 2008 for Mac is a universal binary for PowerPC and Intel processors.
Presenter View allows a speaker to view additional material on a second screen, including notes, outlines, a presentation timer, and a clock.
Powerpoint uses Flip4Mac to play Windows Media Player audio and video, allowing for complete compatibility between Windows and Mac systems.
The Elements Gallery, a new user interface feature in PowerPoint 2008, includes easily accessible, drag-and-drop thumbnails of available visual elements, allowing users to find desired elements more quickly and intuitively than through standard text menus.
Here are some notable features of this product:
- Presentations can be controlled using an Apple Remote.
- Presentations can be exported to iPhoto for use in iPods and iPhones.
- Office 2008 for Mac includes 49 customizable, versatile themes, including 30 themes exclusive to Mac.
- New in Office 2008: text controls include kerning, ligatures, and other advanced options.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.