Policy Patrol Mail Security is a server-based email filtering suite for Exchange Server and Lotus Domino. It includes tools for email security, spam and phishing protection, email management, content filtering, disclaimers and signatures, backups, attachment scanning, and attachment compression.
This donation includes a single server license and 25 user licenses.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have mail server experience, you can use Policy Patrol Mail Security to
- Prevent messaging-related problems such as spam and phishing, legal liability, damage to reputation, productivity loss, network congestion, and confidentiality breaches
- Detect and block malware in incoming and outgoing email attachments
- Standardize email signatures and disclaimers
- Use email messages as promotional tools
- Spam and phishing protection: Default spam and phishing filters with customizable options help you block unwanted emails, such as messages with dangerous attachments or from senders on DNS blacklists.
- Email management and filtering: Administrators and individual users can maintain block lists of blocked senders and allow lists of permitted senders. You and your users can also review a daily quarantine report of blocked messages to ensure receipt of non-spam email.
- Disclaimers and signatures: You can implement global or user-based email disclaimers and signatures and specify when they should be added to emails. Formatting options include pictures, tables, and text formatting, as well as Active Directory merge fields.
- Email backup: Copies of all messages sent and received can be saved to an SQL Server database. Administrators can then search for and restore lost or deleted messages.
- Attachment compression: Server-level compression and decompression of email attachments allows you to automate zipping and unzipping files and save network bandwidth.
- Metascan malware blocking: Policy Patrol Mail Security includes a subscription to the Metascan Online add-on, which scans email attachments using more than 40 integrated anti-malware engines. The subscription allows up to 25 automatic cloud-based file scans per hour.
Red Earth Software provides email technical support with Policy Patrol Mail Security. A maintenance contract that includes phone support is available at a 50 percent discount.
Additional Services Available at Reduced Rates
Nonprofits that obtain this donation can get additional user and server licenses at a 50 percent discount. Increased scanning capacity for the Metascan add-on is available at a 35 percent discount.
A trial version of Policy Patrol Mail Security is available online. The evaluation version is fully functional for unlimited users for a period of 30 days after installation. A license received through TechSoup will unlock it for permanent use with no need to reinstall.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.