Outlook for Mac 2011 is a time and information manager that integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
Outlook for Mac 2011 is also one of the applications included in the Office for Mac 2011 Standard suite. The standalone edition of Outlook for Mac is available only through Volume Licensing programs, such as the one offered through TechSoup.
Benefits for Organizations
- You can get messages from all your email accounts in one place.
- If your organization uses Exchange Server, Mac users and Windows users can use the same global address books and scheduling tools.
- Compatibility with Outlook 2010: Outlook for Mac 2011 has essentially the same capabilities as its Windows equivalent.
- Ribbon: The Outlook for Mac 2011 ribbon enhances usability. The classic Mac menu and standard toolbar are also available.
- Quick Look: Mac OS X's Quick Look function allows Outlook users to easily preview the contents of attachments.
- My Day: The My Day application allows Outlook users to see contacts, tasks, and appointments at a glance, even when Outlook is closed.
- Import: Outlook for Mac will import email files from other applications, including Entourage files, .pst files from Outlook for Windows, and .eml files.
Service Pack 2
Service Pack 2 fixes critical issues and improves stability, performance, and reliability.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.