OneNote is a note-taking software application that helps users capture, organize, and reuse information across an organization.
This donation provides one license. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use OneNote to:
- Gather notes from multiple sources
- Store your notes in a central location for others within the organization to access
- Track overall progress of projects such as fundraising, outreach, and campaigns
- Multiple content types: Notes stored in OneNote can include typed documents, hand-drawn sketches, audio clips, and other types of content.
- Custom indexes: You can sort and organize content by name, date, department, priority, and other criteria.
- Multiple notebooks: You can create multiple notebooks and add an unlimited number of sections, pages, and subpages to each.
- Docking: You can dock OneNote to the side of the screen to take notes while using other programs. The Linked Notes feature integrates with Word, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer to provide a link to the source of the note.
- OneNote Web App integration: The web version of OneNote allows you to share notes from the desktop version and collaborate with other users via a web browser.
Free Version Available
A free version of OneNote is available for Windows and other platforms. The free Windows version does not include the premium features included in the paid version, such as SharePoint support, version history, and Outlook integration.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Office suites and applications, organizations can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup after you request this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.