OneNote is a note-taking software application that helps users capture, organize, and reuse information across an organization.
This donation provides one license. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use OneNote to:
- Gather notes from multiple sources
- Store your notes in a central location for others within the organization to access
- Track overall progress of projects such as fundraising, outreach, and campaigns
- Multiple content types: Notes stored in OneNote can include typed documents, hand-drawn sketches, audio clips, and other types of content.
- Custom indexes: You can sort and organize content by name, date, department, priority, and other criteria.
- Multiple notebooks: You can create multiple notebooks and add an unlimited number of sections, pages, and subpages to each.
- Docking: You can dock OneNote to the side of the screen to take notes while using other programs. The Linked Notes feature integrates with Word, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer to provide a link to the source of the note.
- OneNote Web App integration: The web version of OneNote allows you to share notes from the desktop version and collaborate with other users via a web browser.
This product includes Service Pack 1.
Free Version Available
A free version of OneNote is available for Windows and other platforms. The free Windows version does not include the premium features included in the paid version, such as SharePoint support, version history, and Outlook integration.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Office 2013 suites and applications, organizations can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
For help deciding which type of key to use, see Volume Licensing Service Center — Product Keys. Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2013.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.