Office 2010 is an integrated collection of programs and services designed to work together to enable optimized information work.
This donation provides one license for installing the software on a single device. Request one license for this product for each computer on which you will install it. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use the applications in the Office suite to:
- Create, share, and edit documents with colleagues in other locations
- Track and highlight data trends
- Broadcast live presentations for an audience via their web browsers
Applications in This Suite
The Standard suite includes the following applications:
- Excel 2010 is a spreadsheet application with data analysis and visualization tools.
- OneNote 2010 is a note-taking application that allows various types of content to be shared among team members.
- Outlook 2010 is a time and information manager that integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- PowerPoint 2010 is a presentation graphics program with capabilities for text effects, sound, and animation.
- Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing program that allows people with basic layout skills to create a wide variety of publications for desktop printing, commercial printing, email distribution, or viewing on the web.
- Word 2010 is a full-featured word-processing program.
Differences from the Professional Plus Suite
The Professional Plus suite adds the Access, Communicator, InfoPath, and SharePoint Workspace applications, as well as the Business Contact Manager add-on for Outlook.
- Themes and layouts: Prebuilt Office themes and SmartArt graphic layouts facilitate document design and help ensure a consistent appearance when creating Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ribbon: This interface replaces traditional menus and toolbars with a set of task-based tabs. It applies to all applications in the 2010 suite, including OneNote and Publisher.
- Backstage view: This view replaces the File menu across the core Office applications. It provides users with commonly accessed commands when opening or finishing a document and groups together related tasks.
- Web integration: With Office Web Apps, users at separate locations can co-author or edit the same file at the same time. These online applications are free companions to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote that enable document access, sharing, and collaboration from any web browser.
- Multiple file format support: Most Office applications, including Word and Excel, can save or export files as PDF or XPS documents natively, without requiring you to download and install add-ons.
Service Pack 1
Service Pack 1 includes new and previously released security, performance, and stability updates for Office 2010.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Office 2010, you can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
Microsoft recommends KMS activation only if your organization has at least 50 networked computers that require activation for Office 2010 or a combination of Office 2010, Project 2010, and Visio 2010.
If your organization has fewer than 50 computers that require activation or non-networked computers, Microsoft recommends that you activate your products using a MAK. For help deciding which type of key to use, see TechSoup's Volume Licensing Service Center – Product Keys. Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2010.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.