Office Professional Plus 2013 is the latest version of the Microsoft Office suite, an integrated collection of programs and services designed to work together to enable optimized information work. The Professional Plus suite includes three applications not included with the Standard suite.
This donation provides one license for installing the software on a single device. Request one license for each device on which you will install it. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use the applications in the Office suite to:
- Create, share, and edit documents with colleagues in other locations
- Track and highlight data trends
- Broadcast documents and live presentations for an audience via their web browsers
- Consolidate communications services to reduce costs
Applications in This Suite
The Professional Plus suite includes the following applications:
- Access 2013 is a relational database management system that helps information workers track and report information.
- Excel 2013 is a spreadsheet application with data analysis and visualization tools.
- InfoPath 2013 is an information-gathering program using electronic forms deployed through web browsers, email messages, or mobile devices.
- Lync 2013 is a unified communications client that works in conjunction with Lync Server. Lync enables users to talk to each other using instant messaging, voice, or video and to switch back and forth between modes.
- OneNote 2013 is a note-taking application that allows various types of content to be shared among team members.
- Outlook 2013 with Business Contact Manager is a time and information manager that integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- PowerPoint 2013 is a presentation graphics program with capabilities for text effects, sound, and animation.
- Publisher 2013 is a desktop publishing program that allows people with basic layout skills to create a wide variety of publications.
- SkyDrive Pro is an application that allows team members to collaborate by sharing files, participating in online meetings, and using collaboration tools in the cloud.
- Word 2013 is a full-featured word-processing program.
- Cloud storage: With SkyDrive, you can securely store your documents in the cloud and edit them from anywhere.
- Themes and layouts: Prebuilt Office themes and SmartArt graphic layouts facilitate document design and help ensure a consistent appearance when creating Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Web integration: With Office Web Apps, users at separate locations can co-author or edit the same file at the same time. These online applications are free companions to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote that enable document access, sharing, and collaboration from any web browser.
- Data integration: Databases can be linked to external sources, such as other Access databases, Excel spreadsheets, ODBC (open database connectivity) data sources, and SQL Server databases. Other users within your organization can view or modify Access data when Access is integrated with Microsoft SharePoint Server.
- Multiple file format support: Most Office applications, including Word and Excel, can save or export files as PDF or XPS documents natively, without requiring the user to download and install add-ons.
This product includes Service Pack 1.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With the 2013 version of Office, you can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
For help deciding which type of key to use, see TechSoup's Volume Licensing Service Center – Product Keys. Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2013.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.