Office 2010 is an integrated collection of programs and services designed to work together to enable optimized information work. The Professional Plus suite includes four applications not included with the Standard suite.
This donation provides one license for installing the software on a single device. Request one license for this product for each computer on which you will install it. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use the applications in the Office suite to:
- Create, share, and edit documents with colleagues in other locations
- Track and highlight data trends
- Broadcast live presentations for an audience via their web browsers
- Consolidate communications services to reduce costs
Applications in This Suite
The Professional Plus suite includes the following applications:
- Access 2010 is a relational database management system that helps information workers track and report information.
- Excel 2010 is a spreadsheet application with data analysis and visualization tools.
- InfoPath 2010 is an information-gathering program using electronic forms deployed through web browsers, email messages, or mobile devices.
- Lync 2010 is a unified communications client that works in conjunction with Lync Server 2010 or Office Communications Server 2007 R2 to enable users to talk to each other using instant messaging (IM), voice, or video and to switch back and forth between modes.
- OneNote 2010 is a note-taking application that allows various types of content to be shared among team members.
- Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager is a time and information manager that integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- PowerPoint 2010 is a presentation graphics program with capabilities for text effects, sound, and animation.
- Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing program that allows people with basic layout skills to create a wide variety of publications for desktop printing, commercial printing, email distribution, or viewing on the web.
- SharePoint Workspace 2010 is an application that allows team members to collaborate by sharing files, participating in online meetings, and using collaboration tools in a shared workspace.
- Word 2010 is a full-featured word-processing program.
Differences from the Standard Suite
The Standard suite offers only the core applications Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Themes and layouts: Prebuilt Office themes and SmartArt graphic layouts facilitate document design and help ensure a consistent appearance when creating Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ribbon: This interface replaces traditional menus and toolbars with a set of task-based tabs. It applies to all applications in the 2010 suite, including OneNote and Publisher.
- Backstage view: This view replaces the File menu across the core Office applications. It provides users with commonly accessed commands when opening or finishing a document and groups together related tasks.
- Web integration: With Office Web Apps, users at separate locations can co-author or edit the same file at the same time. These online applications are free companions to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote that enable document access, sharing, and collaboration from any web browser.
- Data integration: Databases can be linked to external sources, such as other Access databases, Excel spreadsheets, ODBC (open database connectivity) data sources, and SQL Server databases. Other users within your organization can view or modify Access data when Access is integrated with Microsoft SharePoint Server.
- Multiple file format support: Most Office applications, including Word and Excel, can save or export files as PDF or XPS documents natively, without requiring the user to download and install add-ons.
This product includes Service Pack 2.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Office 2010, you can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
Microsoft recommends KMS activation only if your organization has at least 50 networked computers that require activation for Office 2010 or a combination of Office 2010, Project 2010, and Visio 2010.
If your organization has fewer than 50 computers that require activation or non-networked computers, Microsoft recommends that you activate your products using a MAK. For help deciding which type of key to use, see TechSoup's Volume Licensing Service Center – Product Keys. Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2010.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.