Office for Mac Standard Edition is a suite of Microsoft Office products for Mac computers. Office for Mac is fully compatible with Office for Windows and backward compatible with previous versions of Office for both platforms.
This donation provides one license for installing the software on a single device. Request one license for this product for each computer on which you will install it. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Office for Mac to:
- Increase productivity by allowing Mac users to share documents with Windows users without conversion or translation
- Enable collaboration by using Outlook for emailing and scheduling in a mixed Windows and Mac organization
Applications in This Suite
The Standard suite includes the following applications:
- Excel, a spreadsheet program
- Outlook, an email, time, and information manager
- PowerPoint, a presentation program
- Word, a full-featured word processor
- Lync for Mac, a communications client that works with Lync Server, Skype for Business Server, or Skype for Business Online
- Compatibility with Office for Windows: Each of the included applications has essentially the same capabilities as its Windows equivalent.
- Ribbon: The Office for Mac ribbon enhances usability by bringing together the most popular formatting and creation tools in a single, unified design. The classic Mac menu and standard toolbar are also available.
- Document sharing: Multiple people can work on the same document simultaneously.
- Online resources: Office Web Apps, online companions to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, let users post, access, and share files from any web browser. Organizations can host Office Web Apps on premises with SharePoint, or they can use Windows Live SkyDrive. SkyDrive is available to anyone with a Windows Live account, and Microsoft provides 7 GB of free online storage with each account.
- Media Browser: You can access your iPhoto libraries and iTunes playlists directly from the Photos and Audio tabs on the Media Browser in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. You can also access movies and iMovie projects right from the Movies tab.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup after you request this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.