Office Audit and Control Management (ACM) Server is revision control server software for monitoring and managing changes made to Excel spreadsheets and Access databases.
This donation provides one server license for running the software on a single server. Each user or device that accesses ACM Server or whose content is managed by the server must also have two client access licenses (CALs): a SharePoint Standard CAL and a SharePoint Enterprise CAL. Note that there are no separate ACM Server CALs. See Microsoft's Product Licensing Search for detailed information.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have system administration experience, you can use ACM Server to
- Reduce operational risk by monitoring changes to mission-critical Excel workbooks or Access databases in your organization
- Comply with government or third-party regulations for data retention and information security, such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley 404, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners Model Audit Rule, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Financial Services Authority, Solvency II, Basel II, and MiFID
- Cell-level audit trails: The software remotely monitors files on corporate file shares and in SharePoint document libraries. It keeps a revision history for your files, so you can compare any two versions and restore prior versions.
- Automated internal controls: You can automate key controls for cell-level auditing, version control, change control, security, data integrity, segregation of duties, and reporting.
- Web-based interface: The administrative user interface of ACM Server is web-based and similar to the SharePoint Server interface.
Compatible with English Operating Systems Only
ACM Server is supported only on computers running the English US language version of Windows Server. However, you may use any language in your Excel and Access files.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup after you request this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.