npTalk is a hosted Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service. It replaces a traditional phone system by transmitting incoming and outgoing phone calls over a high-speed Internet connection. Call routing and other services are provided by a software-based virtual private branch exchange (PBX) rather than by on-site PBX hardware. Tech Impact hosts the virtual PBX.
This offer provides access to a hosted VoIP phone service and virtual PBX with unlimited domestic U.S. calls for the discounted rate of $19.95 per seat per month. You will pay Tech Impact directly for the discounted service. This offer does not include telephones or other hardware. See below for more details.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use npTalk to:
- Save money over traditional phone systems
- Use communication services from remote locations as if you were in the office
- Reroute office lines to other facilities, phones, or mobile devices in case of an emergency
- Unified Communications (UC): UC is an integrated system of multiple communication services like telephony, call control, voicemail, and email. For example, integration of services allows you to receive voicemails as email messages. You can access these services from phones, mobile phones, or Internet-connected devices, in the office or away from it.
- Call Routing: This feature ensures that important calls are not missed when users are not at their phones. You can set up the system to direct inbound calls through a list of numbers, either sequentially or simultaneously.
See a full list of features included in this offer.
The specially discounted monthly rate provides:
- Unlimited minutes of domestic U.S. outbound calling per seat (rates information on international calls are provided by Tech Impact)
- 11 calling features
- A five-seat minimum but no maximum
The monthly rate for the standard seat is $19.95 per seat. Tech Impact will also waive the normal $895 setup fee.
In addition to the discounted rate, your organization must pay an enhanced 911 emergency services surcharge. You can upgrade to a premium seat for an additional $2 per month. See the full list of features for the difference between standard and premium seats.
Other features, including toll-free numbers, virtual extensions, direct dialing, and auto attendants, are available for additional fees. See Tech Impact's website for pricing information.
Phone and networking hardware is not included. If you don't already have office phones with Ethernet port connectivity, Tech Impact can assist you with getting manufacturer rebates and wholesale pricing.
Service Contract Required
Your organization must sign a three-year contract with Tech Impact to receive discounted rates though this offer. See a sample contract. If you want to add seats at a later time, contact Tech Impact.
The contract is automatically renewed for one year at the end of the initial period unless the organization provides 30 days' written notice as specified in the service contract. Rates and terms will be identical to those in the initial contract. Organizations that cancel their contracts will not be eligible for the discounted rates specified in this offer should they choose to obtain services from Tech Impact at a later time.
npTalk includes telephone, email, and online support during business hours. Training is also included during the term of the contract.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Expect two emails. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, Tech Impact will contact you to conduct a needs assessment. The results of this assessment will determine the specific package of services your organization will receive.