NOZA is a web-based database of charitable giving intended as a prospect-research tool for nonprofit organizations. The database includes listings for individual and company donations as well as charitable foundations. Users can research prospective or existing contributors to learn more about the philanthropic history of their donors or prospects. Database searches can be by donor, cause, region, or gift amount.
This donation includes up to one week (seven calendar days) of access to NOZAsearch.com with a maximum of 500 searches and 300 saved donation records.
The information in the NOZA database is collected from publicly available Internet sources including organizations' newsletters, financial reports, and more. All of this information is freely available on the Internet or was available when it was gathered. If the content is still available, NOZA provides links to the web pages where the information was found. In this way, users can learn more about the context of a donation before contacting a potential donor.
Every donation tracked in NOZA has its own database record, categorized by cause, allowing users to find patrons with donation histories at similar organizations. After records have been retrieved, they can be organized and arranged in folders and lists or saved to the user's computer in spreadsheet format. A sample full record is available on the NOZA website.
- The NOZA database contains over 70 million donation records, with an estimated one million new records added monthly.
- Retrieved records are automatically saved and sorted by date and time for users with NOZA accounts. Records can be sorted and organized in folders to suit the user's needs.
- Users can search by zip code range in order to focus on a particular neighborhood, county, or region.
- Retrieved records can be exported and saved in spreadsheet format for archiving, adding to reports, and printing.
Search by Donor Name or Cause
There are two ways to search NOZA:
- Search by Donor Name — further limit results by recipient location and donation year. The recipient name, donation category, recipient scope, recipient category, and a link to the location where the information was found can be retrieved.
- Search by Cause — search by two or more of the following criteria: cause, recipient location, donation amount, keyword, recipient zip code range, donation category, donation year, and recipient scope. The donor name, recipient name, and a link to the location where the information was found can be retrieved.
Free Searches of Foundation Grants
NOZA offers searches of foundation grant records at no charge. You do not need a subscription for these searches, but you must be registered on the NOZA website.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.