Norton Confidential for Macintosh protects passwords and other personal information, allowing the user to bank, shop, and do business online without threat of identity theft. Confidential runs in the background, opening a window only when an issue arises that needs the user's attention.
Confidential for Macintosh has four main components:
- Phishing Protection: Confidential can install a toolbar in Safari, Firefox, or both for informing the user of any security problems. It keeps and updates a database of known phishing websites and blocks them. Since new phishing sites appear daily, rendering a comprehensive list impossible, Confidential also scans pages for earmarks of phishing and warns the user before allowing the browser to access potentially dangerous sites.
- Information Guard: Confidential keeps a list of sensitive information — credit card and bank account numbers, names, addresses, or any other information of importance — and monitors the user's Internet connection to ensure that the information is never transmitted from the computer by accident. Depending on the program settings, Information Guard can warn the user of a potential breach or block the transfer altogether.
- File Guard: A password is required when any program attempts to access information in a file or folder that the user has designated as protected.
- Vulnerability Protection: Confidential keeps and blocks a list of digital signatures with known vulnerabilities. Users may choose which signatures to block or allow.
This donation includes 25 CD-ROMs for installation on 25 Macintosh computers.
Note: Although Symantec does not provide telephone technical support for donated products, it does offer free online technical support on its award-winning website.
In addition to the standard TechSoup Limited restrictions, the following eligibility requirements apply to this donation:
- The Symantec TechSoup Limited products are a unique offering that are not part of or related to the Symantec Desktop Product Donation Program and do not carry the same limits or restrictions.
- The organization must have an annual operating budget of less than $20 million.
- This donation will not be made available to organizations that support political parties or candidates.
- This donation will not be made available to religious organizations, except that religious organizations requesting software for use in secular community service programs are eligible to receive donations.
- Symantec TechSoup Limited products may not be transferred or resold, except that authorized computer refurbishers may include the TechSoup Limited product on a newly refurbished computer that will be acquired by a nonprofit or charity organization that is otherwise eligible for this donation.
This product is made available through TechSoup's Special Offers program. Because of the limited nature of this offering, the product will be available only while supplies last.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When your request has been approved, your product will be shipped from the TechSoup warehouse.