MapPoint 2013 Europe is a mapping program that allows users to create custom maps and plan trips. It includes detailed geographic coverage for 16 countries and less detailed coverage for 20 others. Maps can include points of interest like city halls, restaurants, and ATMs. Maps of eight countries contain demographic data.
This donation provides one license. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use MapPoint to:
- Create maps to plan the most efficient deployment of service locations
- Create graphic visualizations of your organization's activities to measure its effectiveness in different locations
- Plan travel for the organization's employees, volunteers, and clients
- Map external data: You can depict client bases and trends by importing or linking information from Excel, Access, Outlook, or any SQL Server database to a MapPoint-based map.
- Export maps to other documents: You can add customized maps to Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, emails, and other documents.
- Plan optimal routes: You can download current road construction data and view hundreds of thousands of points of interest, such as city halls, restaurants, and ATMs, when planning a trip.
- Use with Global Positioning System (GPS) devices: You can send route information to a GPX-compatible GPS device (see the System Requirements for necessary hardware).
Countries with Detailed Street-Level Information and Addresses
You can show detailed street-level information and find addresses on maps of the following countries:
- With demographic data: Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom. Maps of these countries contain demographic data such as household income, age, and gender.
- Without demographic data: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, and Sweden.
Countries with No Address Information
You can see some street-level information on maps of the following countries but not find addresses: Andorra, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Guernsey, Hungary, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Monaco, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Vatican City.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.