Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop is a desktop-based spam-filtering solution for Windows users that intercepts incoming email messages before they reach the user's inbox.
Mailshell's four spam-identification engines perform more than one million filter checks to identify spam with a high accuracy rate and a near-zero false-positive rate. Users can choose their filter strength and decide if they want spam put in its own folder, deleted, bounced, or simply marked so they will know to avoid it.
Here are some notable features of this product:
- The Mailshell Anti-Spam system is private and secure. No message ever leaves the user's computer, and email account passwords are never accessed.
- Mailshell continuously collects and analyzes millions of new spam and legitimate messages and user feedback to tune the rules and databases and adjust the weighting of existing rules.
- Mailshell Anti-Spam automatically updates itself to maintain its spam-catching accuracy.
- New options in the user interface allow users to fine-tune control and training of the system, include blocking of IP addresses and countries, use of public blacklists (RBLs), and Bayesian word training options.
Compatibility with Email Clients
Two versions of Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop are available:
- The Outlook Edition is fully and transparently integrated with Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2007. No setup is necessary. Mailshell controls appear in the Outlook interface.
- The Universal Edition supports Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Messenger, and most POP email clients.
Request one copy of the software for each workstation that requires it. You need not select a version during the request process; you will be prompted to do so when you go to download the product. (For example, if you requested five Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop products, you may download three of the Outlook Edition and two of the Universal Edition.)
Includes One Year of Updates
This donation includes spam signature file updates for one year. After a year, the Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop software will continue to run, but spam updates will no longer be provided. Each year thereafter, you can choose to receive an additional year of spam updates by requesting a new donation from TechSoup.
Mailshell keys expire 15 months from the date TechSoup receives them. To get a full year of use, you should activate your Mailshell installations within 3 months.
Limited Support Available
Mailshell does not provide support for this product; TechSoup provides limited support. For help and tips, consult the Mailshell's Help Guide.
If you have any questions or issues that are not covered by these two resources, see the Need More Help? page.
TechSoup cannot refund the administrative fee for this product and you cannot exchange it.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.