Lync for Mac 2011 is a communications client that works in conjunction with Lync Server or Lync Online. It provides tools for communicating and collaborating with one or more users at once through a variety of methods.
- Communication tools: Users can talk to one user or a group of users through instant messaging (IM), voice, or video and can switch back and forth between modes. Users can see if other users are available, away, or busy within their contact list as well as within other Office for Mac applications like Outlook.
- Online meeting tools: Users can schedule, join, and invite participants to online meetings through Lync for Mac or within Outlook. Users can also join meetings directly from within an IM conversation. The Meet Now command allows users to start impromptu online meetings.
- Desktop-sharing tools: Users can share their desktops with one or more users at any time during a conversation. Users can also share files or grant control of their desktop to another user while sharing their desktop.
- Connectivity with other clients: Users of Lync for Mac can have IM conversations with contacts who use Lync 2010 or Communicator 2007 for Windows or public IM clients such as AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and Windows Live Messenger.
Also Available with Other Products
Lync for Mac 2011 is also one of the applications included in the Office for Mac 2011 Standard suite.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.