QuickBooks Premier 2013 is accounting software that helps organizations manage essential financial tasks like paying bills, creating invoices, producing reports, and tracking expenses, contributions, and payments. It can be installed as a general business edition or as one of five industry-specific editions, including a nonprofit edition.
This donation provides three user licenses. Over a network, up to five users can work with the organization's data at the same time. Each user must have both a user license and a separate installation of the same edition and version of QuickBooks. Organizations that require more than three licenses can purchase them directly from Intuit.
Benefits for Organizations
If you install QuickBooks Premier as the Nonprofit Edition, you can access custom features to:
- Create a chart of accounts that categorizes and views expenses the way IRS Form 990 requires
- Draft reports that show how much money has been contributed and spent to date by donor or by grant
- Plan budgets based on fundraising and expense data and comparing actual income and expenses to budgeted amounts
- Use business planning and analysis tools, such as the Statement of Financial Income & Expense
- Organize tax, donor, vendor, employee, and general company information in separate centers while allowing an accountant to simultaneously work on the system
- Choice of editions at installation:
- Nonprofit Edition
- Contractor Edition
- General Business Edition
- Manufacturing & Wholesale Edition
- Professional Services Edition
- Retail Edition
- Email integration: You can send invoices and estimates from Outlook or Outlook Express or from a Yahoo, Gmail, or Outlook.com account.
- Data import: QuickBooks can import data from Excel, Quicken, Office Accounting, and other installations of QuickBooks 2013.
- File attachments: The Document Center lets you attach and store receipts, estimates, and other documents to invoices and customer files.
- Calendar View: Your invoices, billing, past transactions, and important tasks are available in a daily, weekly, and monthly views.
Features such as payroll management are available directly from Intuit for additional fees.
Compatibility of QuickBooks Data with QuickBooks Versions
After you update your data to a new version of QuickBooks, you can't open it in a previous version. If you want an outside accountant to work with your data, the accountant must have an edition of QuickBooks released in the same year as yours.
QuickBooks includes 12 months of free telephone support from Intuit for issues related to downloading or installing the software. Other issues might require a one-time fee or purchase of a support plan.
In addition to the standard Special Offers restrictions, the following eligibility requirements apply to this donation:
- Eligible organizations must have an annual operating budget of less than $10 million.
- Eligible organizations may request one Special Offers Intuit accounting product and one of each of the Special Offers Intuit accessory products per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). Accounting products are the various editions of Quicken and QuickBooks such as Quicken Home & Business and QuickBooks Premier Editions. Accessory products are QuickBooks add-on products such as Learning Accounting Essentials. These requests do not affect the product-request limits for any other TechSoup Intuit donation programs.
- Participating organizations must use Intuit products for their own charitable purposes and not sell, trade, barter, or auction any of the goods donated. Donated products cannot be used as door prizes or party favors, sold at auctions or in thrift stores, or otherwise distributed outside the organization's charitable purpose to the general public.
- The following is a list of organization types that are ineligible for this product. For details on eligibility, please contact TechSoup Client Services:
- Boy Scouts of America.
- Organizations that promote political views, influence legislation, or support candidates for public office.
- Religious organizations without a secular community designation. A secular designation is defined as an organization separate from the church or religious organization that provides services to people regardless of their religious beliefs and does not propagate a belief in a specific faith.
- Intuit, Quicken, and QuickBooks, among others, are registered trademarks or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.
This product is made available through the TechSoup Special Offers program. Because of the limited nature of this offering, the product will be available only while supplies last.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.