QuickBooks for Mac 2015 is accounting software that helps organizations manage essential financial tasks like paying bills, creating invoices, producing standard reports, and tracking expenses, contributions, and payments. QuickBooks for Mac is designed for smaller organizations of up to 10 employees.
This donation provides one user license for QuickBooks for Mac 2015. Over a network, up to five users can work with the organization's data at the same time. Each user must have both a user license and a separate installation of the same edition and version of QuickBooks. Organizations that require more than one license can purchase them directly from Intuit.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use QuickBooks for Mac to
- Create a chart of accounts that categorizes expenses to make it easier when filing form 990
- Draft reports that show how much money has been contributed and spent to date by donor or by grant
- Plan budgets based on fundraising and expense data and comparing actual income and expenses to budgeted amounts
- Organize tax, donor, vendor, employee, and general company information
- File attachments: QuickBooks lets you attach and store receipts, estimates, and other documents to invoices and customer files.
- Batched Invoicing: You can invoice multiple customers all at once and create a full set of invoices for customers with the same charges.
- Data import: QuickBooks can import data from Excel, Quicken, Office Accounting, and other installations of QuickBooks 2015.
- Mac software integration: You can store company, customer, and vendor information in the OS X or Outlook address book and access it when printing envelopes or letters. You can use iCal for scheduling and reminders.
- Dedicated Mac resources: Visit Little Square, a free online resource designed specifically for QuickBooks for Mac users.
Payroll management and other features are available directly from Intuit for additional fees. QuickBooks for Mac does provide payroll expense and liability tracking and paycheck generation, explained on Little Square.
Compatibility of QuickBooks Data with QuickBooks Versions
After you update your data to a new version of QuickBooks, you can't open it in a previous version. If you want an outside accountant to work with your data, the accountant must have an edition of QuickBooks released in the same year as yours.
Mac users in the organization can exchange data with the Windows version of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Premier Accountant 2015. However, you will need to back up your files to the Windows format first.
QuickBooks includes 12 months of free telephone support from Intuit for issues related to downloading or installing the software. Other issues might require a one-time fee or purchase of a support plan.
In addition to the standard Special Offers restrictions, the following eligibility requirements apply to this donation.
- Quantity: Organizations with annual operating budgets of less than $10 million are eligible for this product.
- Budget: Organizations may request one Special Offers Intuit accounting product per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
- Organization types: Legislative, political (except for voter registration), and advocacy organizations are not eligible to request products in this program
- Copyright: Intuit, Quicken, and QuickBooks, among others, are registered trademarks or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries
This product is made available through the TechSoup Special Offers program. Because of the limited nature of this offering, the product will be available only while supplies last.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.