FileMaker Pro is software for creating database solutions for Windows, Mac, iOS devices, and the web. Users with little database experience can choose from 16 templates, called Starter Solutions, to get started quickly with tasks like contact management, event management, and resource scheduling. Databases can also be created from existing spreadsheets.
This offer provides a subscription for use of FileMaker Pro on one computer for one year. The subscription includes updates and new product features. See below for more details.
Benefits for Organizations
With little prior database experience, you can create database solutions for:
- Tracking volunteer data
- Managing mailing lists
- Maintaining donor information
- Managing grants and funding
- Creating and managing surveys
Learn how other organizations are using FileMaker.
- Import existing data: FileMaker Pro can import data from .csv, .tab, XML, ODBC, and Microsoft Excel files.
- Large file sizes: Database files can be up to 8 TB in size, and individual types of fields can hold up to 4 GB of data.
- Multimedia support: Database fields can include documents, images, audio, and video.
- Data search: Every database solution layout can include a Quick Find field, and you can choose which fields Quick Find searches in that database.
- Reports and charts: The Layout/Report Assistant helps you build reports based on 51 predefined themes. FileMaker's charts can display data in the form of bar, line, area, bubble, scatter, and pie charts, with a choice of fonts, styles, colors, and backgrounds.
- iOS layouts: You can create layouts for displaying and entering data on iOS touch devices like iPad and iPhone. Others on the network can see the changes as soon as they are saved.
Compatibility of File Format with Earlier Versions
FileMaker Pro 13 is not compatible with files created in versions earlier than 12. You can convert files from previous versions to the version 13 format with FileMaker Pro 13.
See the following table for important details of this offer.
|Network and Mobile Access
Over a network, up to five licensed users can access the same database file simultaneously. This includes users of the free FileMaker Go app on iPad and iPhone devices.
If you need simultaneous access for more than five users, or web access, FileMaker Server 13 allows access for unlimited users, including access via web browsers and iOS devices.
|Service Contract Required
||You must agree to the terms of FileMaker's Annual Volume License Agreement.
|Continuing Service After One Year
||You may renew your subscription by requesting the FileMaker Pro renewal product through TechSoup each year before the subscription expires. (The renewal product will be offered in the near future.)
||You can download a free 30-day trial version of FileMaker Pro 13 from the FileMaker website. However, the license key received through this offer will not unlock the trial version for permanent use. You'll need to uninstall the trial version and then install the full version.
The FileMaker support page offers a knowledge base, forums, product documentation, and a phone number for help with issues like installation and registration at no charge. You can purchase support packages for technical issues and troubleshooting from this page.
TechSoup cannot refund the administrative fee for this product, and you cannot exchange it.
Obtaining This Product
Expect two emails. When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, the donor partner will send an email with information needed to complete the installation or activation.