The Exchange Server user CAL suite is a set of user client access licenses (CALs) for Exchange Server.
This donation provides one of each of the following:
- Exchange Server User CAL - Standard: authorizes one user to access Exchange Server Standard or Enterprise edition on any number of computers or other devices (for example, when an employee accesses the server from a computer at work and another at home).
- Exchange Server User CAL - Enterprise: authorizes one user to access additional features in Exchange Server Standard or Enterprise edition. The Enterprise user CAL can be used only in conjunction with an Exchange Server Standard user CAL.
A device CAL suite is also available.
The Enterprise CAL provides access to the following additional features in Exchange Server Standard or Enterprise edition:
- Journal decryption
- Unified messaging
- Custom retention policies
- Integrated archiving
- In-place hold
- Data loss prevention (DLP)
- Information protection and control (IPC)
This CAL does not provide access to Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange.
For additional information about Exchange Server and the server and client licensing requirements, see the Guide to Exchange Server Editions and Licensing.
This license does not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
CALs, ECLs, and management licenses (MLs) offered through TechSoup are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licenses can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.