The Exchange Server device CAL suite is a set of device client access licenses (CALs) for Exchange Server.
This donation provides one of each of the following:
- Exchange Server Device CAL - Standard: authorizes one computer or other device to access Exchange Server Standard or Enterprise edition, regardless of the number of users (for example, on a shared workstation).
- Exchange Server Device CAL - Enterprise: authorizes one computer or other device to access additional features in Exchange Server Standard or Enterprise edition. The Enterprise device CAL can be used only in conjunction with a Standard device CAL.
A user CAL suite is also available.
The Enterprise CAL provides access to the following additional features in Exchange Server Standard or Enterprise edition:
- Journal decryption
- Unified messaging
- Custom retention policies
- Integrated archiving
- In-place hold
- Data loss prevention (DLP)
- Information protection and control (IPC)
This CAL does not provide access to Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange.
For additional information about Exchange Server and the server and client licensing requirements, see the Guide to Exchange Server Editions and Licensing.
This license does not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
CALs, ECLs, and management licenses (MLs) offered through TechSoup are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licenses can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.