Dynamics CRM Workgroup Server 2013 is customer relationship management (CRM) server software that runs on Windows Server. It is designed for smaller organizations with five or fewer users who need to access tools for storing and analyzing customer records.
This donation provides one server license for a single CRM database. This license allows a maximum of five users to access the server from any number of devices without the need for client access licenses (CALs). For additional information about Dynamics CRM Server and the server and client licensing requirements, see the Guide to Dynamics CRM Editions and Licensing.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have system administration experience, you can use Dynamics CRM Workgroup Server to:
- Simplify relationship management by bringing together all constituent information into a central location
- Save time by sharing information and existing work across the organization, allowing you to reuse effective campaigns, marketing, and service materials rather than creating new ones
- Automate and streamline processes by identifying best practices and creating consistent procedures
- Create reports: Reports are available with on-demand, scheduled, or event-based delivery and can be generated by users without IT assistance.
- Import contacts: Users can integrate contacts, emails, tasks, appointments, or OneNote notes with the appropriate customer records; track email correspondence; and schedule and automate tasks such as customer contacts.
- Track correspondence: Replies to tracked emails are automatically tracked as well, allowing users to quickly see all pertinent correspondence with or about a customer.
- Customize permissions and interfaces: You can set access rights and interface settings at all levels and departments so that personnel can access records in an appropriate and intuitive form. You can also customize the web and Outlook interfaces.
- Secure data: Dynamics CRM supports SQL Server Mirroring, which ensures that a backup copy of the database is consistently available in case of damaged files.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.