This offer allows nonprofit organizations and public libraries to rent the Pitney Bowes DM100 Digital Mailing System for $14.99 a month, a rate significantly lower than retail. There is no charge for the first 60 days. The DM100 is suitable for organizations with an average monthly mail volume of 100 to 1,000 pieces. The rental term is open-ended. Pitney Bowes asks for a commitment of at least a year, but organizations are not contractually obligated for any length of time.
The donation includes the following:
- Postage meter
- Envelope feed
- Service agreement, including maintenance and repair
- One ink cartridge, capable of producing up to 3,000 impressions. Subsequent supplies can be purchased from Pitney Bowes at list price.
- Two free postage downloads. Subsequent downloads incur a reset fee of $9.99 each.
There is a shipping charge of $9.99 for the equipment.
The hardware is remanufactured, not new, and factory certified by Pitney Bowes as a green alternative. It must be returned to Pitney Bowes at the end of the rental term.
The meter qualifies for discount rates for Priority Mail and Express Mail under the USPS Commercial Based Pricing program. Average savings are about 5 percent.
- Download postage and postal rate changes directly to the system from the Pitney Bowes datacenter through an analog phone line or a PC's Internet connection
- Use USPS delivery confirmation services electronically
- Print a logo or message on the envelope or tape
- Print a record of postage expenses for up to 10 accounts
- Print a date and time stamp on incoming mail
- Printing rate:
- 30 pieces per minute
- Scale capacity:
- 5 pounds
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
- 8.5 x 13.6 x 15.4 inches
- 17.5 pounds
- Maximum thickness of fed pieces:
- 3/8 inch
For pieces that are too large to be fed, users can print postage onto a tape sheet.
Terms and Conditions
Recipients must agree to Pitney Bowes' terms and conditions (PDF).
Installation instructions are provided with the equipment. However, organizations can request custom installation from Pitney Bowes for a fee of $99.
Pitney Bowes will require each organization to provide a credit card that will be billed each month and also charged for services such as downloaded postage resets. There is an initial minimum postage purchase of $30.
The Pitney Bowes Account Support page offers links to an FAQ, online support, and phone numbers.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.