Connect2give is a collection of fundraising services that enable organizations to collect donations and update constituents with important information via mobile devices. The Complete plan includes components for mobile web donations, text donations applied to either a phone bill (commonly referred to as "text to give") or credit card, and mobile alerts.
This offer provides a one-year subscription to Connect2give's Complete plan for $1,176, a 50% discount. It includes:
- Unlimited cellphone and credit card donations
- One mobile donation keyword for use with the 2give service
- One mobile donation keyword for use with the 2pledge service
- One keyword for use with the 2alert service
- A mobile website with up to four hours of customization support
- 6,000 outgoing mobile messages each month for use with the 2alert service
- A credit card reader for mobile devices for collecting donations in person
- Access to Connect2give's merchant account
When you request this product, you will make three payments:
- TechSoup admin fee: This is a one-time fee of $99, paid to TechSoup.
- Mobile Giving Foundation approval: This is an annual fee. Approval requires a first-time payment of $350. Annual renewals are priced at $100. These fees are paid to the Mobile Giving Foundation and are waived for Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Accredited Charities.
- Subscription fee: This is the 50% discounted annual rate of $1,176, paid to Connect2give.
See below for more details on additional fees collected by Connect2give during the subscription.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use the Connect2give Complete plan to:
- Create a mobile website for collecting donations and sharing information about your organization
- Provide a simple process through which likely donors can give to your organization using the text messaging service (SMS) on their mobile phones
- Engage with your community via ongoing communications by sending reminders, updates, calls to action, and more
Four Services Included in This Plan
- 2web: Add mobile giving capabilities and social media campaigns via a custom mobile website that works on any web-enabled smartphone. Mobile websites can include multimedia content, sign-ups for 2alert messaging, social media links, an events calendar, and the ability to donate by 2give or a credit card.
- 2give: Collect $5 or $10 donations billed directly to the donor's cellphone when they text a custom keyword. You can designate one custom keyword with this subscription. You will need to choose it when you set up this product with Connect2give.
- 2pledge: Collect large donations from established donors via credit card, schedule recurring donations, and gather contact information from donors.
- 2alert: Send instant alerts to drive followers to events, promote advocacy, and notify members about emergencies.
Connect2give Fees and Upgrade Details
Connect2give charges a small fee per donation. The amount of this fee depends on which service the donor uses to make the donation. It also depends on whether you use your own merchant account or the one provided by Connect2give as part of this offer.
You can choose to add extra features for an additional charge after you have requested this product. View Connect2give's standard fees and upgrades page for more information.
Mobile Giving Foundation Approval Required
In order to set up 2give, your organization must be approved by the Mobile Giving Foundation and have an annual budget of $500,000 or more. This approval is currently priced at $350 and can be renewed for $100 per year. If your organization is listed as a Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Accredited Charity, this fee is waived.
Connect2give is an approved provider to the Mobile Giving Foundation and will assist you with this process after you request the product. TechSoup is not a party to this approval. See the Mobile Giving Foundation website and guidelines for more information.
After one year, you can renew this product through TechSoup at the same discounted rate of 50%. Current Connect2give customers and organizations who were previous Connect2give customers whose accounts have lapsed are eligible for renewal at the 50% discounted rate by requesting this product.
If your organization already has a Connect2give account, you will need to renew when your annual contract is complete.
Connect2give offers live training and 24-hour technical support via email, phone, and the web.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged. Connect2give will allow you to upgrade or downgrade if needed.
Obtaining This Product
Expect two emails. When your request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, Connect2give will contact your organization with information needed to complete the account activation.