The GLC-FE-100FX is one of Cisco's 100BASE-X Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) transceivers. These hot-swappable input/output devices plug into a Fast Ethernet port or slot, linking the port with the network. This FX model operates on ordinary multimode fiber-optic (MMF) link spans up to 2 kilometers long.
Here are some notable features of this product:
- Hot-swappable when deployed, the switch or router does not have to reboot.
- Supports the "pay-as-you-populate" model.
- Interchangeable with other 100BASE-X SFPs on the same line card.
- Supports the Cisco quality ID feature that enables the switch or router to determine whether the SFP is a Cisco-qualified SFP.
- Optically interoperable with 100BASE-X Ethernet interfaces on the same link.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco Web site.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Your product will be delivered within eight weeks. For details, see the Overview of the Cisco Donation Program.