The ASA5512-K9 is a Cisco ASA 5500-X Series next-generation firewall. It provides advanced security and networking services for small and medium-sized organizations.
This donation includes:
- Cisco ASA 5512-X Firewall Edition security appliance (ASA5512-K9) with AC power supply
- Product software CD-ROM and documentation
- Cables: power cord, RJ-45 Ethernet cable, and RJ-45 to DB-9 console cable
- Installation hardware: power cord retainer, rack-mount brackets and screws, and grounding wrist strap
Benefits for Organizations
If you have advanced Cisco networking experience or access to a consultant, you can use the Cisco ASA 5512-X security appliance to:
- Proactively protect your organization against Internet threats
- Allow employees to use their own mobile devices to securely access your network by enabling "bring your own device" (BYOD) policies
- Reduce travel by supporting remote workers or branch connections with VPN connections
- Enforce differentiated security policies based on the user, device, role, and application type
Each device meets the following specifications.
- Stateful inspection throughput (max):
- 1 Gbps
- Concurrent sessions:
- IPsec VPN peers:
- Cisco Cloud Web Security users:
- AnyConnect Premium VPN peers:
- 2 (expandable to 25 or 50 with optional licenses from TechSoup; expandable to 250 with licenses directly from Cisco)
- Virtual interfaces (VLANs):
- High availability services:
- Not available
- Security contexts (virtual firewalls):
- Not available
- 4 GB
- Integrated network ports:
- 6 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Expansion slot:
- 1 interface card
More information about this product and a comparison of Cisco 5500 Series firewalls is available on the Cisco website.
License Upgrades Available
You can request license upgrades for this device through TechSoup.
- Cisco 5500 Series AnyConnect Premium SSL VPN Licenses: Software-based licenses for supporting either 25 or 50 SSL VPN users.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When TechSoup approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Cisco will deliver your product within eight weeks. For details, see The Cisco Donation Program page.