The Cisco AIR-CT2504-5-K9 Wireless LAN Controller works in conjunction with Cisco lightweight access points and the Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS). It is an entry-level controller designed to provide systemwide wireless LAN functions in small to medium-sized offices.
The controller supports up to five lightweight access points. Support for additional access points can be obtained with adder licenses. The Cisco Aironet 2500 Series Adder License: 5 Access Points (part number LIC-CT2504-5A) is available through TechSoup.
Benefits for Organizations
These controllers can simplify management of access points for organizations with small, single-site wireless networks of fewer than 500 users.
- Centralized management: As a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, the Cisco 2500 Series Wireless LAN Controller allows network administrators to manage systemwide security policies and mobility services such as voice, guest access, and location services.
- Scalability: The controller supports up to 500 clients and a maximum of 50 access points through adder license upgrades.
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports (Note: Connecting access points directly to the controller is not currently supported.)
- One console port
- Wireless standards: IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11d, 802.11h, 802.11n
- Wired/switching/routing: IEEE802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX specification, 1000BASE-T, and IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging
- Management interfaces:
- Designed for use with wireless control system
- Web-based: HTTP/HTTPS individual device manager
- Command-line interface: Telnet, SSH, serial port
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Your product will be delivered within eight weeks. For details, see the Overview of the Cisco Donation Program.