The AIR-SAP1602I-A-K9 is a Cisco Aironet 1600 Series wireless access point. The 1600 Series of WiFi-certified 802.11n access points provides enterprise-class performance and is designed for use in indoor office or small warehouse locations.
This donation includes one standalone access point (AIR-SAP1602I-A-K9) with built-in antennas and no additional equipment. This standalone access point can function with or without a wireless LAN controller.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience or hire a consultant, you can use this product to:
- Create or expand the size of a Cisco wireless network with or without a wireless LAN controller
- Grant wireless network access to staff and guests
Each device meets the following specifications.
- WiFi standards:
- Dual 2.4 and 5 GHz
- Maximum data rate per radio:
- 300 Mbps
- MIMO radio design:Spatial streams:
- Maximum concurrent clients:
- 128 per radio
- Maximum ClientLink clients:
- 32 per radio
- ClientLink 2.0 support:
- CleanAir (spectrum intelligence) support:
- CleanAir Express
- OfficeExtend support:
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Additional Equipment Required
You can request additional required equipment for this device through TechSoup.
- Cisco Power Supply or Power Injector for Aironet Access Points: Necessary for connecting to local power or enabling Power over Ethernet (PoE).
- Cisco Aironet 2500 Series Wireless LAN Controller for Lightweight Access Points: Optional for managing this access point or multiple controller-based access points.
- Cisco RJ-45 Serial Console Cable for Routers and Switches: Optionally allows you to connect a PC to the console port on this device (the access point can be configured using the console port when there is no Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server in the network or when there is no wired connection between the access point and the LAN).
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Your product will be delivered within eight weeks. For details, see the Overview of the Cisco Donation Program.