The CISCO891W-AGN-A-K9 is one of the 890 Series of integrated services routers, combining Internet access, security, voice, Metro Ethernet support, wireless, and advanced IP services into a single device. These fixed-configuration routers can provide services for up to 50 users, including support for up to 50 802.11a/b/g/n wireless clients. They can be used by organizations with remote offices and teleworkers that need to establish secure virtual private network (VPN) connections to the organization's network.
The 891W-AGN-A-K9 model's WAN interfaces accept both 1,000-Mbps Gigabit Ethernet and 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet connections. The router also includes a backup V.92 analog modem interface if the primary Ethernet-access WAN is disconnected. The router includes the following functionality:
- Configuration tools: The web-based Cisco Configuration Professional configuration tool simplifies deployment, management, and troubleshooting through smart wizards and task-based tutorials, without requiring knowledge of the included Cisco IOS Software's command-line interface.
- Wired LAN connectivity: The eight-port 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet managed switch provides connections for multiple devices and has the ability to designate a port as the network demilitarized zone (DMZ). Virtual LAN (VLAN) support allows computers to be moved to another location without reconfiguration.
- Wireless LAN connectivity: The router's built-in dual-band access point is FCC-compliant and meets 802.11n draft 2.0 standards but is also backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g standards. The access point can operate in autonomous mode and be managed independently, or it can operate in Cisco Unified WLAN mode. In Cisco Unified WLAN mode, all WLAN functions are centrally managed through Cisco wireless LAN controllers and the Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS).
- Security features: The router provides comprehensive security through an intrusion prevention system (IPS) firewall and a stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall. It also provides dynamic routing and advanced quality of service (QoS) features. Wireless security features include support for 802.11i, WiFi Protected Access (WPA) and WPA2, EAP authentication, static and dynamic Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), and Temporal Key Integrity Protocol/Simple Security Network (TKIP/SSN) encryption.
- Remote access: The router provides 20 IPsec VPN tunnels. There is no hardware support for SSL VPN connections, though organizations can request software-based SSL VPN licenses through TechSoup to support a maximum of 25 SSL VPN users.
- Advanced IP services: Advanced IP services include support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), allowing for IPv6 multicast, addressing architecture, name resolution, statistics, translation, DHCP, and IPsec over IPv6 connections.
- Metro Ethernet support: The 890 series routers' two onboard WAN interfaces, one Gigabit Ethernet WAN port and one Fast Ethernet WAN port, support the high-bandwidth demands of Metro Ethernet deployments.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Your product will be delivered within eight weeks. For details, see the Overview of the Cisco Donation Program.