The CISCO891-K9 is one of the 890 Series of integrated services routers, combining Internet access, security, voice, Metro Ethernet support, and advanced IP services into a single device. These fixed-configuration routers can provide services for up to 50 users. They can be used by organizations with remote offices and teleworkers that need to establish secure virtual private network (VPN) connections to the organization's network.
The 891-K9 model's WAN interfaces accept both 1,000-Mbps Gigabit Ethernet and 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet connections. The router also includes a backup V.92 analog modem interface if the primary Ethernet-access WAN is disconnected. The router includes the following functionality:
- Configuration tools: The web-based Cisco Configuration Professional configuration tool simplifies deployment, management, and troubleshooting through smart wizards and task-based tutorials, without requiring knowledge of the included Cisco IOS Software's command-line interface.
- Wired LAN connectivity: The eight-port 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet managed switch provides connections for multiple devices and has the ability to designate a port as the network demilitarized zone (DMZ). Virtual LAN (VLAN) support allows computers to be moved to another location without reconfiguration.
- Security features: The router provides comprehensive security through an intrusion prevention system (IPS) firewall and a stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall. It also provides dynamic routing and advanced quality of service (QoS) features.
- Remote access: The router provides 20 IPsec VPN tunnels. There is no hardware support for SSL VPN connections, though organizations can request software-based SSL VPN licenses through TechSoup to support a maximum of 25 SSL VPN users.
- Advanced IP services: Advanced IP services include support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), allowing for IPv6 multicast, addressing architecture, name resolution, statistics, translation, DHCP, and IPsec over IPv6 connections.
- Metro Ethernet support: The 890 series routers' two onboard WAN interfaces, one Gigabit Ethernet WAN port and one Fast Ethernet WAN port, support the high-bandwidth demands of Metro Ethernet deployments.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When TechSoup approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Cisco will deliver your product within eight weeks. For details, see The Cisco Donation Program page.