The C881W-A-K9 is one of the 880 Series of integrated services routers. It can provide Internet access; security, voice, and wireless services; and virtual private network (VPN) connections for up to 20 users. These users can include 802.11b/g/n wireless clients.
This donation includes:
- One C881W-A-K9 router (or functionally equivalent)
- One straight-through RJ-45 Ethernet cable
- One RJ-45-to-DB-9 console cable
- One external 12V DC power supply adapter
- One AC power supply cable with cable retention clip
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience, you can use this router to:
- Create a wireless network for staff and guests within the office
- Securely connect up to 20 teleworkers or small remote offices to your organization's primary network through a VPN
- Configuration tools: Administrators can use the web-based Cisco Configuration Professional configuration tool to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot their routers. It requires no knowledge of the included Cisco IOS software's command-line interface and includes smart wizards and task-based tutorials. Virtual LAN (VLAN) support allows administrators to move computers to another location without reconfiguration.
- Wired LAN connectivity: The four-port 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet managed switch provides connections for multiple devices. Two ports support Power over Ethernet (PoE) for powering IP phones or external access points. Administrators designate a port as the network demilitarized zone (DMZ).
- Wireless LAN connectivity: The router's built-in access point meets 802.11n draft 2.0 standards but is also backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g standards. Administrators can set the access point to autonomous mode and manage it independently or set it to operate in Cisco Unified WLAN mode.
- Security: The router provides comprehensive security through an intrusion prevention system (IPS) firewall and a stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall. It also provides dynamic routing and advanced quality of service (QoS) features. Wireless security features include support for:
- WiFi Protected Access (WPA) and WPA2
- Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- Static and dynamic Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)
- Temporal Key Integrity Protocol/Simple Security Network (TKIP/SSN) encryption
- Remote access: The router provides 20 IPsec VPN tunnels. There is no hardware support for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN connections. However, organizations can request software-based SSL VPN licenses through TechSoup to support a maximum of 10 SSL VPN users.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
You can request license upgrades for this device through TechSoup.
- Cisco 880 Series 10-User SSL VPN License Pack: software-based license pack for supporting up to 10 SSL VPN users.
- Cisco 880 Series Advanced IP Services License: includes support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6).
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Your product will be delivered within eight weeks. For details, see the Overview of the Cisco Donation Program.