The C886VA-K9 is one of the 880 Series of integrated services routers. It can provide Internet access, security and voice services, and virtual private network (VPN) connections for up to 20 users. This fixed-configuration router accepts an asymmetric or very-high-bit-rate DSL (ADSL or VDSL) connection over integrated services digital network (ISDN).
Benefits for Organizations
This router can connect to the Internet via ADSL or VDSL over ISDN. It can establish up to 20 secure VPN connections to larger networks from small remote offices and teleworkers.
- Configuration tools: The web-based Cisco Configuration Professional configuration tool simplifies deployment, management, and troubleshooting through smart wizards and task-based tutorials. It requires no knowledge of the included Cisco IOS software's command-line interface. With Virtual LAN (VLAN) support, you can move computers to another location without reconfiguring them.
- Wired LAN connectivity: The four-port 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet managed switch provides connections for multiple devices. It has the ability to designate a port as the network demilitarized zone (DMZ).
- Security features: The router provides comprehensive security through an intrusion prevention system (IPS) firewall and a stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall. It also provides dynamic routing and advanced quality of service (QoS) features.
- Remote access: The router provides 20 IPsec VPN tunnels. There is no hardware support for SSL VPN connections. However, organizations can request software-based SSL VPN licenses through TechSoup to support a maximum of 10 SSL VPN users.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Organizations can request license upgrades for this device through TechSoup.
- Cisco 880 Series 10-User SSL VPN License Pack: software-based license pack for supporting up to 10 SSL VPN users.
- Cisco 880 Series Advanced IP Services License: includes support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6).
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When TechSoup approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Cisco will deliver your product within eight weeks. For details, see The Cisco Donation Program page.