The C881-K9 is a Cisco 880 Series integrated services router.
It provides Internet access, security, and voice services and virtual private network (VPN) connections for up to 20 users.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have experience with Ethernet networks or hire a consultant, you can use this router to:
- Create 10/100 Fast Ethernet connections
- Establish up to 20 secure virtual private network (VPN) connections to larger networks from small remote offices and teleworkers
- Configuration tools: The web-based Cisco Configuration Professional configuration tool simplifies deployment, management, and troubleshooting through smart wizards and task-based tutorials. It requires no knowledge of the included Cisco IOS software's command-line interface.
- Wired LAN connectivity: The four-port 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet managed switch provides connections for multiple devices. It has the ability to designate a port as the network demilitarized zone (DMZ). Two ports support Power over Ethernet (PoE) for powering IP phones or external access points. You can move computers to another location with Virtual LAN (VLAN) support without reconfiguration.
- Security features: The router provides comprehensive security through an intrusion prevention system (IPS) firewall and a stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall. It also provides dynamic routing and advanced quality of service (QoS) features.
- Remote access: The router provides 20 IPsec VPN tunnels if you are running Cisco IOS Software Release 15.3(3)M or later.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When TechSoup approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Cisco will deliver your product within eight weeks. For details, see The Cisco Donation Program page.