The CISCO881-SEC-K9 is one of the 880 Series of integrated services routers. It can provide Internet access, security, voice, and advanced IP services, and virtual private network (VPN) connections for up to 20 users.
Benefits for Organizations
This router provides 10/100 Fast Ethernet connectivity. It can be used to establish up to 20 secure virtual private network (VPN) connections to larger networks from small remote offices and teleworkers.
- Configuration tools: The web-based Cisco Configuration Professional configuration tool simplifies deployment, management, and troubleshooting through smart wizards and task-based tutorials. It requires no knowledge of the included Cisco IOS software's command-line interface.
- Wired LAN connectivity: The four-port 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet managed switch provides connections for multiple devices. It has the ability to designate a port as the network demilitarized zone (DMZ). Two ports support Power over Ethernet (PoE) for powering IP phones or external access points. Virtual LAN (VLAN) support allows computers to be moved to another location without reconfiguration.
- Security features: The router provides comprehensive security through an intrusion prevention system (IPS) firewall and a stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall. It also provides dynamic routing and advanced quality of service (QoS) features.
- Remote access: The router provides 20 IPsec VPN tunnels. There is no hardware support for SSL VPN connections. However, organizations can request software-based SSL VPN licenses through TechSoup to support a maximum of 10 SSL VPN users.
- Advanced IP services: Advanced IP services include support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6). This allows for IPv6 multicast, addressing architecture, name resolution, statistics, translation, DHCP, and IPsec over IPv6 connections.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Organizations can request license upgrades for this device through TechSoup.
- Cisco 880 Series 10-User SSL VPN License Pack: software-based license pack for supporting up to 10 SSL VPN users.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Your product will be delivered within eight weeks. For details, see the Overview of the Cisco Donation Program.